Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Happy 2nd Anniversary, My Love!

Two years ago today I married the man of my dreams. We had a wonderful weekend of celebration at Sylvan Dale Guest Ranch in Loveland, CO. About 150 of our friends and family came in on Thursday night to enjoy a couple days of food, fun, laughs, hiking, shopping, fishing and horseback riding before the big day. Hands down it was the best weekend of our lives!

The fall weather and color of the aspen trees was glorious. Here my dad is giving me away at the altar.

Reciting our vows that we wrote ourselves by combining different bits and pieces of others we found in books.

Hubby said the parts in blue; I said the parts in pink and we said the parts in black together:

I, [hubby's name], choose you, [my name], and I, [my name], choose you, [hubby's name] in the presence of our friends and families, to be my wife, to be my husband, from this time forward.

To love you and to be a comfort and safe haven in your life, to hold you close and listen deeply when you speak, to nourish you with my gentleness, to uphold you with my strength, to weigh the effects of the words I speak and the things I do, to never take you for granted, and to always give thanks for your presence in my life, loving you now and as you grow and develop into all that God intends. I will love you when we are together and when we are apart; when our lives are at peace and when they are in turmoil; when I am proud of you and when I am disappointed in you; in times of rest and in times of work. I will be at your side through all of life’s challenges and joys as we become one in spirit before God. I promise to give of myself to you in every way I can, and to care for you and protect you as I would my own self. I promise to be faithful to you in this life, and to be honest and true to our union until God, in his perfect wisdom and timing, calls one of us Home.

Lighting the unity candle. It was so windy that it never actually lit, but we sure loved laughing about it and joking that we hoped it didn't symbolize our marriage!

Leaving in a gorgeous horse drawn carriage. Our guests had the opportunity to go for rides while we were having our photos taken during cocktail hour.

One of my favorite photos from the day. The weather was absolutely perfect...just started to snow as we drove to where we were staying that night and the next day all the leaves started to fall from the trees. Thank you, Jesus!

We used this photo (below) in black and white for our thank you card. We had glossy postcards made and in the bottom left corner I put "Thanks from the Mr. & Mrs." I still see a lot of them framed as photos in friends and families houses.

A kiss during our first dance. The reception was in a covered pavilion and we strung white lights through all the rafters and then draped the posts with cream muslin. It was dreamy!


Thanks for indulging me in my wedding flashback. I dreamed about that day since I was a little girl and it turned out even better than I could have imagined.

Hubby, thank you for a great first two years of marriage! The highlights from this year include: our honeymoon trip to the Cook Islands in February, a trip to Italy in April, the birth of our second nephew, many road trips for work, and a lot of fun times working on renovating our house. Looking forward to what this next year holds for us!

1 comment:

  1. Happy anniversary! I am so excited to see what the next year holds for you! I am so glad you shared your wedding pictures with us (and can I say that I am still disappointed we didn't get to come?)

    --Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.