Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Blondie Bars

The other day I was craving brownies but didn't have all the ingredients for these delicious homemade ones or a box of brownie mix.

But, I did have a box of yellow cake mix and I remembered a recipe I used to make for Blondie bars. I dug out the recipe and was happy to see that I had all the ingredients:

Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) melted butter
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 oz. chocolate chips (or however many your little heart desires)

Mix together all the ingredients, except chocolate chips until batter resembles a cookie dough. Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.

Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!

I prefer mine with a glass of milk. Hubby prefers his with a scoop of ice cream on top.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.