Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, July 9, 2009

4th of July (a bit late)

Hope you all had a great 4th of July. Our started off a bit early...5:45am to be exact. Hubby and I were set to depart at 6:30am to deliver two truck loads of hay an hour north. (FYI - I now have permission to post my hubby's face on here!) Here we are loaded up and ready to go:

We were delivering hay for a soap box derby in another town. Last year we also delivered hay for this same event, but it was raining the whole day so they were some heavy and soggy bales when it came time to load them back on the truck at the end of the day. Thankfully this year was a gorgeous, sunshiny day!

Here is my hubby and our friend who drove the other truck after unloading all the hay. The Public Works guys were giving me a hard time because I was driving so fast and making hubby work so hard! I didn't realize 2 mph was fast!

The kids have such a grand old time...it's so fun to watch!

This kid was the 4th one to break through the barrier that was after the finish line. Some kids just couldn't figure out how to work the breaks! Thankfully they were all okay, but it did provide the best laughs for all the adults watching :)

Me and hubby waiting for the races to finish so we can load up our hay and head home to get in a small nap before we had friends over for an evening BBQ and fireworks.

Hope you all had a great 4th of July, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.