Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Best Brownies EVER!


Thank you to the mom of one of my best friends growing up for this recipe. They were a big hit with everyone and just as yummy as I remember! Next time I'm going to try making them without the chocolate chips and swirling in cream cheese instead. The only comment my hubby had besides delicious was a little less powdered sugar on top next time. Hope you all enjoy them as much as I do!

THE BEST BROWNIES EVER
(that's the name I've given them)

DO NOT USE BEATERS. STIR THIS WITH ONLY A FORK OR SPOON.

3/4 cup baking cocoa
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter, melted (salted or unsalted)
1/2 cup boiling water (I just microwaved it for about a minute)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
2 heaping cups of chocolate semisweet chips

In a large bowl, combine the cocoa and baking soda, blend in 1/2 of the melted butter. Add boiling water, stir until well blended. Stir in sugar, eggs and remaining butter. Add flour, vanilla and salt. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Pour into a greased 13-in.x 9-in x 2-in baking pan. Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the sides of pan.Cool then sprinkle powder sugar on top.

And then my favorite part: Eat until your heart's content or your belly hurts...whatever comes first!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.