Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, October 8, 2010

Feature Friday: Waxing Leaves

Well, I started to pull out the fabric I needed to make the fabric pumpkins I featured last Friday, but then I reminded myself that I have a baby due in a little less than 2 months and that I have many projects to finish for her nursery before she arrives. This coupled with the fact I really have no additional space to store any extra decor when the season is over caused me to put the project on hold for now. So, as much as I’d like to make some fabric pumpkins for this fall, I’ll have to stash that idea away until next year.

This week’s feature is a tutorial I’ve had saved in my favorites since last fall, and while I’m going to wait and do it next fall for the same reasons mentioned above, I thought some of you might like to do it now.

Go find yourselves some beautiful autumn leaves, a block of Gulf wax, a disposable pan and some newspapers and then hop on over to Clover Lane to learn how to make these beautiful Waxed Leaves:

Waxing Leaves_Clover Lane

Waxing Leaves at Clover Lane

If you make these, leave a link in my comments so I can check out your finished project. And, don’t forget to leave a comment on Clover Lane thanking her for the easy and affordable tutorial for autumn decor. While you’re there, why don’t you let her know I sent you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.