Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Our 3rd Anniversary

Three years ago today I married the most amazing man – my best friend, my lover, my confidant, the one who helps make me a better person.

Thank you photo
It’s hard to believe it has already been three years.

The first year of marriage flew by in typical newlywed bliss. We questioned how people ever got divorced in their 1st year of marriage. The second year was a little rocky, mainly because selfishness crept in and we started to understand why people got divorced. Thank goodness we relied on God and persevered because this third year of marriage has been a huge blessing.

cover

Has this third year been easy? No. We’re struggling financially, we still live with hubby’s parents until our place is built, we’re once again facing frivolous attacks in the press related to hubby running for his second re-election, etc.

Has this third year been full of blessings, though? ABSOLUTELY! We have loved getting involved from the start with a new church plant and the friends we’ve made there. We had the opportunity to purchase the 100 acre wood & farmland parcel my hubby has dreamed about owning since he was a kid and in turn got to bless our friends when they used it for their wedding reception. We’ve enjoyed trips to watch my brother graduate from college and visit extended family in Michigan. And most importantly, we’re ecstatic about the birth of our first child this November.

IMG_0339 
Three years ago when we stood at the altar, we never would have imagined where we’d be in three years. All I know is that thanks to my hubby I am a better person because being his wife has pushed me to grow in patience, love, and kindness. It has taught me to think less of myself and more of others.

I love you so much, sweetheart, and am eagerly looking forward to watching you interact with our daughter as you take on the role of daddy. I have no doubt you and her will have a special bond that will last a lifetime.

IMG_1898

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Brie! The last three years has flown by, hasn't it? Our 3rd is next week, too, and I can hardly believe it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.