Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pumpkin-Ginger Waffles

If there is one breakfast you must make this fall, it is Pumpkin-Ginger Waffles.

I found the recipe a couple weeks ago as I was going through my 50+ magazines to be recycled and knew I had to try it. I figured when I couldn’t sleep past 4:30am this past Sunday it would be the perfect time to surprise my hubby with some homemade breakfast.

Pumpkin-Ginger Waffles

I topped mine with pure maple syrup, a dollop of whipped cream and chopped pecans. They were delicious and definitely made the “make again” list.

PUMPKIN-GINGER WAFFLES
Makes: 10 waffles (1/4 cup batter each)

1-1/4 cup flour
1-1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 large eggs
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled

Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs (avoid having one roll onto the floor and causing a big mess), buttermilk, pumpkin, sugar and vanilla. Combine with flour mixture. Stir in butter but do not overmix. Let sit for about 5 minutes while your waffle iron heats. Make waffles using about 1/4 cup batter per waffle. Keep warm in 200 degree oven, if desired. Top with syrup, whipped cream and chopped pecans. Enjoy your delicious fall breakfast!

I’m linkin’ up to Tutorial Tuesday at Hope Studios. Go check out other great projects and recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.