Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thank goodness we had that nice afternoon together because the next morning I woke up and was weak all over and could barely stand up without it hurting. Not wanting the guys at work to think I was playing hooky to stay home with my hubby I decided to be a trooper and drive in to work. I made it a whopping 45 minutes before I had to come back home and crawl in bed and that's where I've been since yesterday at about 11am.
Welcome home, hubby! Aren't you glad you came home so you could take care of your wife who is crying in pain because it hurts to sit, stand or lay down? Or how about the dreaded cough that made you move to the couch last night just so you could get some sleep? Thanks so much for taking great care of me...your the best!
Monday, June 22, 2009
I don't know about you, but when it's overcast and raining outside, the only motivation I have is to lounge on a couch and read a good book from cover to cover. Basically, this is what I did despite the fact that:
I have clean, folded laundry (thanks, mom-in-law!) that has sat directly in front of my bed for about a week now, but no motivation to put away the clothes. Instead, it seems I enjoy tripping over it every night as I get up to go the bathroom (which is an entirely different matter...since when did I get old enough to have to make a trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night each night?) I keep telling myself I should put it away, but do you think it got done this weekend? Yeah, right.
Basically, fun and relaxation beat out work this weekend as you can see below:
1. Saturday morning I stood in line outside Tommy Hilfiger warehouse for a huge blowout sample sale with my mother-in-law. Arrived at 8:30am (store opened at 9am) and waited in line for 2.5 hours to get inside. We only got drenched with rain the last 2 hours so it wasn't too bad!
But, I scored a new scarf and two awesome pairs of slacks for hubby for only $15 total!
2. Quickly drove home to drop of my mother-in-law, changed into a dry jacket and zipped over to meet my brother's girlfriend, Leah (who was in town visiting one of her former college roommates), for lunch. Arrived only 1 hour later than originally planned due to #1. Had a great time, though!
3. Arrived home and made 2 necklaces and a bracelet and one set of note cards to post on my site shortly. Stared at a few home decor projects I was working on for 4th of July but realize they'll probably have to wait until NEXT 4th of July seeing how it's in 2 weeks and they're still not done in time to sell. Bummer :( But, the jewelry and note cards will be posted on my site soon.
4. Read half of 3rd book in a murder mystery series I've been reading that are set in the local beach towns.
5. Made chili for dinner with the in-laws and then we all settled in to watch Slumdog Millionaire which I thought was an AWESOME movie! Very well made.
6. Sunday I went to church all by my lonesome (hubby is still away on business and was supposed to make it home yesterday, but had problems with the install so now it looks like tomorrow night is the earliest he'll make it home...major bummer), but heard a GREAT sermon on the proper role a wife should play in the family and how to properly show R-E-S-P-E-C-T (come on say the cheer with me now) to our husbands. Unfortunately, though, I miserable failed at putting this into practice over the phone last night and this morning.
7. Came home and watched a little HGTV where I saw one of my new neighbors featured on one show and saw the houses that are directly across from us (they must have filmed it from our front yard). Pretty cool!
8. Made brownies as a Father's Day gift for my father-in-law.
9. Finished reading book.
10. Watched New in Town (with Renee Zellweger and Harry Connick Jr.) with the in-laws. Pretty funny and clean!
11. Crawled in bed, after tripping over the laundry that I really should have taken 10 minutes to put away!
Whew! Fun weekend, not very productive, but fun. Looks like tonight will be "work" night to get caught up on all my chores before hubby comes home tomorrow hopefully.
Thursday, June 18, 2009
I don't know about you, but when it's just me eating dinner, I usually pick one of two things...cereal or quesadillas (or nachos if I have chips but no tortillas).
So yes, I confess that for the past two nights by dinner has consisted of this:
Granted, it's a "healthy" quesadilla composed of fat free refried beans (for protein), colby jack cheese (dairy), already cooked chicken and green pepper from the fridge (more protein and veggies) and topped of with a little salsa (more veggies). Yum! The first night I had it with a wine cooler I found in the fridge. Last night, I let my father-in-law have the last wine cooler...afterall, he loaded the 80+ bales of hay while I just drove the truck and trailer. I think he deserved it a little more than I did!
Monday, June 15, 2009
I have a load of other new product I'll be finishing up and posting soon now that the website is all up and behind me.
Here is a coupon for 10% off your first order that you can also pass on to other people. Also, for each person you refer you'll earn so many points based on how much they spend and once you accumulate enough points you can get free items!
It's been a long time coming, but hopefully the Lord will bless it abudantly.
Friday, June 12, 2009
I've always said that Rome used to be a powerhouse in its day too. America is not above having the same fate.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
I also got to met my darling new nephew and spend some awesome aunt and nephew time with his big brother. It's music to my ears when I hear him call for Aunt Brie - especially after I already left to go home and grandma's making him go to bed and he's calling me to come help him! "Aunt Brie, help! Help! Aunt Brie!"
Hubby and I also got more work done on demoing the kitchen. I'm beginning to think it's the job that never ends, and made the 12 hour drive back home yesterday, arriving around 1 in the morning. Needless to say...I'm a little sleepy.
On a side note, while we were all together, my sister received some very discouraging news. I can't go into details besides saying she has a ton of big decisions to make in the near future and is desperately in need of prayer for guidance and wisdom as she needs to make some decisions that will impact her and her boys for the rest of their lives. I know she will be eternally grateful for your prayers.
And, the business is one step closer to opening. I was hoping to get it all done while I was away, but the slave labor camp prevented that...he, he, he :)
Oh yeah...I also got to try out Wii Fit while away. LOVE it! Definitely want to get it for Christmas.