Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas Gift Ideas: Donations

I’m happy to say that I have been all done with my Christmas “shopping” since before Thanksgiving. “Shopping” is in quotes because I didn’t actually visit a single store to purchase any gift. Every year I try to make as many gifts as I can and this year is no exception. The only store I visited was the craft store for a few supplies that I didn’t already have on hand.

Plus, this year I only had to “shop” for my side of the family because my hubby’s family decided to not exchange gifts this year due to the economy. Instead, we’re going to celebrate by having our traditional Christmas Eve dinner at hubby’s grandma’s house and then I’m  hosting a dinner on Christmas Day.

We did still want to get something for our grandparents, though. I was trying to think of something that they’d all really enjoy besides the basic coffee or bath and body products. Personally, I know I have way too many of those kinds of gifts just sitting around in drawers taking up space.

After a little thought, we decided to donate things such as mosquito nets, seeds, half of an alpaca, or a Bible in their name via World Vision.

Over Thanksgiving, we celebrated Christmas with two sets of my grandparents and they both loved their gifts. They said it was great because they really didn’t need more stuff, and they’d much rather have us spend our money for a good cause. I was so delighted that their response was the exact response I thought they’d have.

If you’re looking for a great gift idea for someone who doesn’t need anything, then seriously consider making a donation in their name. The World Vision Gift Catalog is perfect because there is a wide variety of gifts in many different price ranges.

Over the next few days I’ll post other Christmas gift ideas I’m using this year in case you’re interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.