Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fall Decorating

Just like everybody else around blog world these days, I'm so ready for fall. It's absolutely my favorite time of year (besides Christmas or my birthday or vacation...) and I can't wait for it to roll around.

A couple nights ago I was finally bitten by the crafting bug again (that or I decided it was time to clean out some of the "junk" taking up space in my craft room) so I decided to do a mini makeover on the living room.

Now, I consider myself a member of the P.O.O.P.I.E. club (shout out to the Nester), but for some reason when I came across these at Michael's fall clearance last year they were just calling out my name.


I'm still not 100% satisfied with them - some times I look at them and really like them, other times they just scream, "Look at us! We're FAKE!". What do you think keep or give away on Craig's List?

(Tangent: What is up with my camera? I definitely think it's time to get a new one. The flash just loves to wash everything out when it's on and if it's off everything just looks grainy. Ugh!)

I also did a mini redo on the mantle. The gun is a must stay - past done through the fam' from the Civil War, but I did add the books, vases, jars filled with acorns and rearranged the dried hydrangeas in a new vase and added some faux leaves. I love the Shakespeare print that I picked up on the cheap a few years ago and leaned that up there too. Still not the best mantle scape, but much better than the mini bunny I still had sitting up there from Easter! Yeah. Guess I've been a little busy.


Now give it to me straight. The flowers on the side table...bad or good?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.