Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Chelsea!

Happy Birthday, Chelsea! Can't believe you're already in the later part of your 20s. Would you please stop getting older because it means I'm getting older too. I don't think I'll ever stop seeing you in my mind as my "little" sister - even if you did get married and have two kids before my 2nd wedding anniversary!

Remember when we used to love having matching Easter bonnets and insisted on Mom buying them for us only to be too embarrassed to actually wear them to church? Or how about me teasing you about ladybugs and ghosts? Or all the times we'd make forts in our room or throw Care Bears out our window (oh wait I guess that was just me)? Then there was the time we acted like pirates...

Have to admit that your "pirate face" is definitely much more fear inducing than mine! Sure there a few times (perhaps I should say a lot of times) we'd fight, or I'd make you call me "drill Sargent" when I was left in charge, but through it all I think you turned out pretty darn cool.

Mom always said we'd grow up to be great friends someday, and while I admit at times I thought it'd never happen seeing how we're complete opposites, I'm glad to see that like normal, "Mom knew best." You are definitely one of my very best friends and I'm so glad I have a sister like you.


Thanks so much for the stellar example you set on being a godly wife - especially through the challenging and difficult times - and for giving me two very handsome nephews. Looking forward to many more years as sisters and friends.

Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.