Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Pesto & Gelato Are Calling My Name

I said I was going to go two weeks without eating sweets so I could enjoy all the gelato and pesto Italy has to offer, and I'm proud to report I made it a week and a half before succumbing to an ice cream sundae at my grandma's house on Good Friday, one of hubby's grandma's homemade Eclairs on Easter and a lemon poppy seed cake I made for a birthday at work yesterday. Not too bad compared to the amount of sweets I used to consume.

Tomorrow hubby and I are off to Italy for my friend's wedding. We are so excited! We'll be spending a few days near La Spezia and Cinque Terre for the wedding and then a day and a half in the Milan and Lake Como areas before heading back home. I already informed hubby we'll have to return someday because I really want to see Rome, Florence, and Venice. But for now, I'll take any part of Italy I can get and I'm so excited to see my dear friend, "Josh", who I haven't seen in over 7 years or so.

I'll be back to post here sometime the week of the 20th with photos of our trip and more demo work we did on the kitchen over Easter weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.