Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Weekend of Indulgence

Alright, so celebrating three birthdays the weekend before you leave for your honeymoon where you'll be wearing a bikini for two weeks may not have been the best idea, but the food sure was good while it lasted!

Over the next week or so I'll have posts on some of the different recipes that were included in the celebration of hubby's grandma's 90th, our cousin-in-law Jen and my birthdays, as well as Superbowl Sunday. Here are the menus:

GRANDMA'S BIRTHDAY BRUNCH
Veggie Patch Pizza
Blueberry French Toast Casserole
Ham & Cheese Brunch Squares
Fruit Salad (no recipe for this...just chop and mix a bunch of your favorite fruits together)
Pistachio Cake

BIRTHDAY DINNER FOR ME & JEN
White Pizza with Mushrooms
Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Filling & Chocolate Ganache

SUPERBOWL SUNDAY/MY birthDAY
Homemade Guacamole & Chips
Smoked Salmon with Cheese & Crackers
Leftover Veggie Pizza
Leftover Chocolate Cake

Yeah, I don't even want to know how many calories I consumed in those two days, but it sure was yummy! And for those family members who were giving me a hard time about making everything on this list myself besides the French Toast Casserole (thanks, Jen!) and the Pistachio Cake (thanks, mom-in-law!), my philosophy is that if there's gonna be leftovers and it's for my birthday, if I make it myself, I know I'll like it!

Oh, and the above menus don't include the delicious homemade brownies I made on Friday night. The mom of one of my friends who I've known since elementary school makes the best brownies and I've always wanted her recipe. Well, I finally got it this past week so of course I had to make them. They were just as yummy as I remembered from all those years ago and I'll never make brownies from a box again.

1 comment:

  1. I'm hungry just looking at that menu of food!

    Oh, and please post the brownie recipe.

    (Belated happy birthday to you, too!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.