Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Sunday, February 1, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today I'm an old lady. Alright so 28 isn't that old, but still.

I just praise God because every day and every year is better than the one before. I've loved every moment He's given me and I'll enjoy every more minute I'm blessed with.

We're celebrating by watching the big game...Go Cardinals!

Hopefully there'll be some cake and ice cream involved too :)

Also, I forgot to post the first birthday from work this year, but I've declared 2009 the year of the Bundt cake because as I told the guys from work, "Cupcakes are so 2008". A bundt cake is 10 times faster than making cupcakes and I'm all about shortcuts! Plus, they look so pretty. The first one was a yellow cake with chocolate icing that I heated in the microwave so it drizzled nicely over the cake and then I covered it in multi colored round sprinkles. It looked like a giant chocolate covered donut and it was delicious!

And now for some personal humiliation - some photos of me through the years:


A few thoughts I had while watching this: Boy, was I tan in 2nd grade! I miss my naturally straight hair...don't get perms your hair is never the same! I sure had some ugly and fat years in there! I sure am glad I learned how to pluck my eyebrows...no more furry catepillars sititng above my eyes!

Isn't it fun looking at photos of yourself and seeing how you've changed?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.