Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, February 5, 2009

Birthday Gifts

I'm a little late in posting this, but both sets of parents gave me some awesome gifts for my birthday this year so I just wanted to share.

Hubby's mom is still in a walking cast and not getting around too much, so she gave me her Macy's card and a limit on what I could spend and let me pick out what I wanted. I got an awesome pair of Sketchers that will be great for travelling to the Cooks. They're light weight, slip on and won't take a lot of space in my suitcase. I've been wanting a pair of shoes like this for a long time so I was very excited to find that they were on sale and between that and the coupon I had for $10 off, they met the limit of what I could spend exactly!

My parents sent me this beautiful white "jacket". It's got the puffy vest like look with ribbed knit sleeves. It's very warm and very cute.

They also sent me another box that had a label on it that said chocolates. I didn't even want to open the box because I knew I'd be tempted to eat them all before I left for the honeymoon which would not have been good. But, when I spoke with my mom later in the day and thanked her for the jacket, she asked if I liked the other gift as well. I told her it was a mean trick to play on me right before I had to wear a swimsuit. That's when she informed me the box didn't actually hold chocolates. Silly me! So, I rushed home to open it and received a wonderful surprise...a Martha Stewart craft punch and three glitters! Perfect for this craft and Martha Stewart addicted girl!

Thanks Mom & Dad (both sets) for such wonderful gifts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.