Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, January 15, 2009

House Remodel: Kitchen Demo

I thought I had posted some photos of our kitchen demo, but can't seem to find them, so here are some more. Right now everything is on hold during the winter months - let's just say it's not cheap to heat a 7200 sq. ft. house with no insulation and very poor windows. I won't even mention how much our heating bill was, but will say it tripled what it was last month even though we have everything turned super low. We'll definitely have to be doing something about the lack of insulation.

Before we left for the winter, though, we were able to get most of the kitchen demo done so that when we come back in the spring we can start on installing new flooring, cabinets, countertops, and finally having one room finished. I have the finished design in my head and can't wait to start seeing it get put into motion.







I had to have our neighbor take my picture just so I had proof that I'm also working!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice--and I, too, can't wait to see the finished project!

    Luke and I are going to insulate our house (and probably replace some windows) over the summer. Once we (um, I mean LUKE!) has the know-how, we'll pass on info (and maybe even some free labor!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.