Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmastime in NYC - Part II

The next day, my mom flew in to LGA so we could go and see all the sites in NYC. I was very proud of myself because I've driven to LGA before, but I normally always take public transportation when I go to the city unless I'm the passenger in the car. Seeing how we were going to need a place to store mom's luggage, though, I decided to brave it and test my NYC driving skils. And, I must say, I impressed myself a lot! Heck, I could work as a NYC cab driver and probably do a better job now. I didn't get lost once and I'm very surprised at how well I've gotten to learn NYC. It seemed so daunting the first few times I visited, but it's really one of the easiest cities to get around.

Anyways, after I picked mom up, one of the first things I said was that I wanted to go to this little cupcake bakery that I read about online. She said she wanted to do the same thing because she saw it in a magazine so our first stop was Crumbs. I had the caramel chew and mom had the red velvet and both were out of this world. I brought hubby a chocolate pecan pie one that he said was pretty wonderful too. We figured we'll eat dessert first seeing how it was right near the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree.

Next it was looking at all the shop fronts along 5th Avenue. Some beautiful stuff, but I think the Disney store was actually my favorite. The angels near the Rockefeller tree were beautiful too. The white metal ones we're pretty as well :)



After that we decided to go to Rosa Mexicano's for dinner. Yes, the same one I ate at the night before. I'm telling you people, it was THAT good. And yes, I ordered the exact same thing too, minus the pomegranate margarita. With bellys full, we walked back to our car (we sure got a lot of walking in!) and on the way decided we'd make one more swing my Crumbs so we could get another cupcake for mom if they were still open seeing how she ate all of hers beforehand and I only ate half! Unfortunately they were closed so we drove by the Macy's windows on the way out of town and made the long trip for home.

The next day we went and saw Australia. It was a great movie and I think even men would enjoy it. We also hit the Christmas Tree Shops for some shopping seeing how that's one of her favorite stores and they don't have one in Colorado.

I drove her to the airport on Sunday where my hubby hopped on the plane with her to head to our house to finish demoing the kitchen.

How about you? Have you been doing any fun Christmas activities?

2 comments:

  1. Brie, I found your blog through Monica's. I read yours daily but don't think I've commented before. My son and I want to go to NYC next year, and I'm debating going right before Christmas. It looks beautiful. I wouldn't have the nerve to drive there, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, Crumbs. In my opinion: the BEST cupcakes, ever. My favorite is the Snickerdoodle cupcake. Try that one next time! Think Snickers, not the cookie.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.