Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, October 13, 2008

Check your cards

If there's one lesson I've learned over the past week or so, it's check your cards before you throw them out. I've been working on the long process of going through all my old papers from before we got married, all our wedding cards, and my birthday cards (which was in February) and boy did I come across some nice surprises!

In the first set of wedding cards I went through a couple weeks ago, I found a $50 gift card to Macy's. Tonight as I was sorting through another box of wedding stuff, I came across a card that had a $100 check in it. I'm going to try to deposit it tomorrow, but I'm afraid it probably won't work seeing how it was written over a year ago! Then, to top it all off, I came across the birthday card my in-laws gave me this year only to open it and have $25 cash fall out.

I think the $175 has been worth all my cleaning effort! Hopefully the $100 part of that will be a success tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I had a similar experience Sunday. My husband had me cash a check for him in the amount of $100.00 in addition, I put our overage from the budget the month before in the envelope. Somehow, I thought the envelope had already been dispursed until I found it Sunday. There was $260 in the envelope that we didn't know we had. YIPEE!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.