Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Toys & Waves & Blackberries...Oh My!

A couple weekends ago, my sister and her family flew in from the Seattle area for a few days. My brother-in-law, Bennett, is from a small town in Montana, so it's fun to see him experience new things. Friday night we took them out to the "fancy" restaurant that our friend owns. The food was amazing!

Saturday, Chelsea, Bennett, Braden (my nephew), and I headed in to NYC.

We visited Central Park, FAO Schwartz, the World Trade Center site, took the Staten Island Ferry to get a free view of the Statue of Liberty, shopped on Canal Street in Chinatown, saw the bull on Wall Street, and shopped and dined in Times Square.

Before we went in to the city, Bennett just wanted to find out if hot dog carts and subways really existed, or if they were just in the movies. So, of course, we had to get lunch from one of the infamous hot dog stands! It was a wonderful day with perfect weather.

The next day we headed to the beach. Braden loved the waves until he realized how cold they were.

On the way home, we stopped by my local veggie stand where I buy all my produce (at HUGE discounts) and bought some berries to snack on. Check out Braden after eating 1 blackberry!


Their last day we just spent some time shopping at the mall and relaxing around the farm.

Thanks for coming and visiting guys...we had a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.