Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, June 13, 2008

Updates

I posted the other day about the loss of two of our cows, a newborn calf and it's mother. Well, when I came home the following day, I learned we had another new bull calf born and that mother and calf were perfectly healthy. I was reminded that in God's creation and our spiritual walk, life always follows death.

The other update is regarding Marilyn Caraway that I posted about here. My mom called me yesterday to inform me that upon further review, she actually has NO broken bones, so that is a big praise. She was coherent enough yesterday to eat a piece of toast, but she has no idea where she is and no recollection of the time she spent in Africa. They are very happy with the neurologist (neurosurgeon?) that they are working with, but he did inform them that the soonest he would even think about letting her on a plane would be in two weeks because she does have some bleeding on the brain. So, she's not out of the woods yet, but the Lord is working small miracles and we trust that He will continue to do so. (I also wanted to correct a previous misstatment I made based on a misunderstanding. The daughter/sister who is a missionary in the Congo with her family is actually a missionary in Kenya, but she and her family are back in the States on furlough presently.) Please continue to keep the Caraway family in your prayers during this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.