Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Prayer Request

This request is on behalf of my Uncle Mike, Aunt Lynn, cousins Casey & Shelby, and the rest of the Caraway family. My aunt, uncle (and cousins when they're not at college) are missionaries in Tanzania, Africa.

A few weeks ago, my uncle's one sister and parents went to Africa for a visit. My mom (my aunt's older sister) called me yesterday to inform me about a bad fall that my uncle's mom had the other day.

First off, my mom prefaced this by saying that we have no concept of what "dark" really is until we've been to Africa. Well, I guess it was dark out and my uncle's mom was walking out the back door of the house where they were all visiting and somehow missed the concrete steps and fell flat on her face on the concrete patio, breaking many bones in her face and other parts of her body and knocking herself unconscious.

They ended up having to call in a medical helicopter to fly her to a hospital in Nairobi (they're better there than in Dar es Saleem I guess). The latest report is that she's been unconscious ever since the fall and that was a couple of days ago now. She, her husband, and their one daughter were all scheduled to return home to the US this Thursday, and that is on hold indefinitely.

Please, please, please be praying for Marilyn Caraway that the Lord would work a miracle in her life and that she'll be able to return home to the US shortly. Pray also for my Uncle Mike, his sister, Cindy, and father, Bob, who travelled over there from the States also. Please also pray for his sister, Sue, who flew in to Nairobi from the Congo where she and her family are missionaries to be with them all.

Thank you in advance for your prayers on behalf of the Caraways. Africa can be a dangerous place (my mom and brother where in a car accident when they went to visit and as a result my brother was hospitalized for a week with Dengue fever upon their return and was on death's door himself), but God has called them there, and their ministry to orphans, those in need of medical care, and future pastors is spreading the gospel in more ways than we can imagine.

If you'd like to send any words of encouragement to the Caraways, you can e-mail them at: carawaymr (at) gmail (dot) com.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.