Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, October 18, 2010

Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

If you love carrot cake, you will LOVE this cake. Heck, even if you don’t like carrot cake, you will love this cake.
Apple Cake
If I remember correctly, this recipe came from one of my mom’s best friends. Her name is not Jill, but she must have gotten it from someone named Jill because the recipe is called “Jill’s Apple Cake”. Whatever it’s called, make it today. You will not regret it!
JILL’S APPLE CAKE
Cake: 4 c. diced apples (I use Granny Smith)
2 c. sugar
½ c. cooking oil
2 beaten eggs
2 t. vanilla
1 c. nuts, chopped (I use walnuts)
1 c. flaked coconut
2 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt

Frosting: 1 stick butter, softened
1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 t. vanilla
1 box powder sugar

In a large bowl, combine apples and sugar. Set aside. In another bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla, nuts, and coconut. Add to apple mix. Combine remaining ingredients and add to apple mix. Stir to combine. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes in 9 x 13 inch pan. Mix frosting ingredients and spread over cooled cake. Take a bite and try to avoid devouring the whole cake instantly!

NOTE: My hubby is not a big frosting fan so he loves this cake, but thinks there is too much frosting. Next time, I’ll probably only make 2/3 or 1/2 the frosting recipe. It is by far the best cream cheese frosting recipe I’ve ever used, though.

Thanks for the delicious cake recipe, Jill – whoever you are!
Tomorrow I’m going to link this up to Tutorial Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.