Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Organized Clutter

If that isn't an oxymoron of a title, I don't know what is. Why does it always seem that the more you try to organize things the messier they get?

For the past few days I've been working on converting my craft room to a nursery. When I started the project over the weekend, the craft room was completely clean and organized (minus two piles of papers I need to file). Last night it looked like a bomb exploded despite the fact I've cleaned out three drawers of craft supplies, organized them into labeled containers, put away some decor items for future seasons (seems my craft room became a partial storeroom too...guess that's what happens when you only have two rooms available to you to sleep-in and store all your crap coats/furniture/clothes/decor/etc for every season).

It's a hard project for me because I know I'm going to want access to all my craft supplies, but there's just no room for them in the nursery. Where to stow them for easy access is beyond me. I think I'm most sad about having to pack up my huge craft table. That baby was perfect for collecting piles of papers to be filed sewing and scrapbooking. But, when it's all finished and all the drawers look like the three I filled last night with piles of pink, girly clothes, it will all be worth it.

Until then, I'll be spending every waking hour when I'm not at work with organized clutter. After all, the painting must start on Saturday so I can get new carpet installed shortly (which my mother-in-law offered to pay for...yipee!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.