Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, August 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Braden!

I don't even know how it's possible, but today my oldest nephew turns 3 years old!

I gave him his gift a few weeks ago when the whole family was together in Michigan. He looked so cute, but serious, in the chef's hat and apron I made for him.


The next day I promised him we'd bake a treat of his choice - peanut butter cookies - together when he woke up from his nap.

Doesn't he look so thrilled to be baking with "Aunt Bee"?


I promise I didn't force him to make the cookies with me. He said he wanted to, but I don't think he woke up from his nap in the best of moods. It gave us all a great laugh, though!

The next day he was a great helper when I was making fajitas for dinner. He added the seasoning to the peppers and onions and stirred them for me while I made the chicken. Such a wonderful little sous chef!


Please ignore my windblown and sand-filled hair (courtesy of Braden's younger brother, Caleb) from the beach. And, for posterity's sake, this is the best photo I have of me at five months pregnant.

Happy 3rd Birthday to the best sous chef nephew an aunt could ever ask for! Hope you have a wonderful Thomas the Train birthday party this weekend...wish I could be there to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.