Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, August 5, 2010

24 Weeks (and sick again)

Well, I’ve now made two trips to the toilet in the past week and felt nauseous many other times in between, so I think it’s safe to say I’m one of the unfortunate few who also experiences morning (yeah, right) sickness in the last part of her pregnancy as well. I just keep telling myself it will all be worth it when I hold our baby girl in my arms.

Due to being on vacation, I have no pictures from weeks 22 or 23, but here I am at 24 weeks in all its glory:

Pregnant_24 Weeks

Our little one started moving hard enough where I can see her from the outside over the past couple weeks and it’s brought me tons of entertainment and laughs. Her daddy still says he can’t feel her or see her, but I think he’s just teasing me. I definitely feel her constantly and my shortness of breath reminds me of that!

Here is what our little girl is up to this week:

Your baby weighs more than a pound and a half right now and sports a crown-to-rump length of about eight and a half inches (standard letter size!).

Wondering what (and who) your baby will look like?  If you had a baby cam at 24 weeks pregnant, you'd almost be able to tell by now.  That beautiful face (though still tiny) is almost fully formed.  What's still missing from the picture is the fat that will be piled on under baby's skin.  Until those fat deposits are made, that very tender skin is still very transparent, which means a close look would let you see clear through to all the organs, bones, and blood vessels. Fortunately, that see-through look won't last much longer. Babies at this stage of fetal development are gaining about six ounces each week — with much of that gain coming from fat, in addition to growing organs, bones, and muscle.

What's been playing on your little rocker's stereo system these days?  All kinds of sounds can be heard by your baby in your womb: from air exhaling from your lungs (deep breath now), those gastric gurgles produced by your stomach and intestines, your voice and your partner's (which your baby will be able to recognize at birth), and even very loud sounds such as honking horns, barking dogs, or a wailing fire truck.

While we were away on vacation I hit up one of my favorite fabric stores (that unfortunately is not present where we live) to buy fabric for the nursery. I hope to get started on the crib bedding soon and start painting shortly too. I’m so excited to start making a special place for our little girl.

I have another dr. appt this evening so I’m anxious to see our little one on screen and find out how much she’s weighing in at this week. And for all those who are asking…we have it narrowed down to two names that we really like, but we’re not revealing which we’re going with until she’s born.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.