Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, May 27, 2010

The College Graduate

me & brock

I went home to Colorado May 13-18 to watch my “little” brother graduate from my alma mater – Colorado State University. He received a major in Environmental Engineering. I was so proud of him and so were our parents!

mom & dad with brock

The following day his long-time girlfriend (as in since high school) graduated from CSU as well. Way to go guys!

brock & leah My sister and her boys flew in and my grandma was in town as well. It was so much fun to spend a few days with family. Braden is now 2.5 and Caleb is a little over 1 and just started walking. I hadn’t seen him since he was 3 months old!

nephews

We visited one of our favorite restaurants in Denver – Casa Bonita. I love their cheese enchiladas and sopapillas and the kids love the inside cliff divers, gun shows, puppet shows, piñatas and game rooms. It such a fun place!

braden & giraffe

We also made a trip to our hometown zoo in Colorado Springs – the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. In my opinion, it is one of the best zoos I’ve been to in the country. Their giraffe exhibit is especially top-notch. Everyone has the ability to walk up and pet the giraffes for free and if you want to pay a little bit you can buy some crackers and feed them. We allowed Braden & Caleb the fun experience of giraffe tongue and slobber on your hands!

caleb & giraffe

My mom made some delicious meals while we there and one night my dad built a fire and we all enjoyed toasting marshmallows and eating s’mores.

making smores

It was such a great trip. The only downside was the emergency dash I had to make to the airplane lavatory upon landing back at LaGuardia courtesy of my little turkey.

family photo_2_grams

 family photo_grams

 kids and gram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.