Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, February 8, 2010

Me vs. Toaster Oven

Yesterday I made delicious banana pancakes with walnut-honey "syrup" for breakfast. This morning I was heating up the leftovers in the toaster oven while trying to get the rest of our meals packed for the day.

I got in a little bit of a rush and instead of grabbing an oven mitt to pull the tray out, I figured I'd just reach in and grab the pancakes with my hands.

Have I mentioned before that I'm a klutz? I mean there was the time where I fried my fingers with my flat iron or the more recent event of flushing the handle down the toilet at work, but I'm still not 100% convinced that I'm a klutz.

Well, the toaster oven won the battle of hand versus hot burner coils. Never have I seen skin react so instantaneously to a burn. I'll spare you the details, but it was bad. It doesn't cover a huge area...just the middle knuckle on my left hand...but the size of the bandage would make you think I burned my whole hand. Have you ever tried to get a band-aid to stick to the back of a knuckle? It's nearly impossible...especially when one has to do a lot of typing for their blog job.

Here's a photo of the lovely patch I'll be sporting the next couple days until it heals.


I have to admit, though, that the 2nd Skin I picked up at the drugstore on my way to work eliminates all pain from the burn.

Lessons learned:
  1. Always use an oven mitt to pull the tray out of the toaster oven instead of reaching to the back with your bare hand.
  2. 2nd Skin is a necessary product to have on hand
  3. A wound on a knuckle is very hard to keep covered
  4. Banana pancakes still taste delicious once they've cooled off while one tends to their burn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.