Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Got Mildew?

We had three towels that must have gotten left in the washer too long one time and though they'd smell fresh before you used them, the moment you went to dry yourself off after the shower the stank like mildew so bad.

I don't remember where I read this handy hint, but I recalled you can use vinegar to remove the smell of mildew from towels. Figuring it was worth a try here's what I did:

1. Using the hottest water possible, add 1-2 cups white vinegar to washer.
2. Add towels and run a wash cycle.
3. Leaving the towels in the washer, run the washer again using the hottest water possible, this time with detergent. (I prefer to use this kind.)
4. Transfer towels to dryer and dry on the hottest setting possible until completely dry.

It worked fantastic! I'm sure there are many other great uses for vinegar. I might have to check this book out to learn what some of them are:
Vinegar: Over 400 Various, Versatile, and Very Good Uses You've Probably Never Thought Of
(click the above image for a sneak peek inside the book)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.