Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake

(Sorry for this unappetizing photo. The guys at work got to the cake before I could take a picture. It tastes MUCH better than it looks. Promise!)

Yesterday was yet another birthday at work. In trying to stay in theme with fall I decided to go for something pumpkin flavored.

The recipe was really simple and the guys enjoyed it thoroughly.

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP BUNDT CAKE

1 box yellow cake mix
15 oz. canned pumpkin
2/3 cup buttermilk
3 large eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 can cream cheese frosting
food dye
cocoa powder

Mix all ingredients except chocolate chips together for 2-3 minutes or until fluffy. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool in pan and then invert onto serving plate.

For icing, I used 1 can cream cheese frosting and added cocoa powder to it to give it a brown hue and a little bit of a chocolate taste. If I had more chocolate chips, I would have prefered to melt those and drizzle those on top or use a jar of chocolate icing. I zap the frosting in the microwave for 30 seconds until it gets to a pourable consistency and then just drizzle over cake. I normally only use about a half a can. I then mixed up some powdered sugar, a little bit of milk and vanilla and some red and yellow food coloring to make an orange glaze to drizzle on top of the cocoa frosting. To decorate, I picked up some pumpkin spice candy corn from Walmart and sprinkled those around the cake. In hindsight, I should have just separated a bit of the cream cheese frosting and dyed that orange before I added in the cocoa to the rest, but my mind was a little distracted. Oh well! And, I'm not a fan of candy corn or Walmart, but this stuff was good! They also had chocolate caramel and caramel apple flavors.

Hope you all have a great Halloween today if you celebrate that or else Happy Reformation Day to the rest of us. Seeing how my hubs is out of town until tomorrow, I'm going to celebrate with a bowl of pumpkin soup, my tivo'd shows and some cross stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.