Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Happy (Belated) Birthday, Hubby!

A couple weeks ago was hubby's 32nd birthday. We really didn't have time to do a proper celebration while we were busy working on the house, so we actually just celebrated it this past weekend with his parents, grandma and cousin and his wife.

Hubby actually received three gifts from me this year, or at least gifts that I'm declaring his birthday gifts for this year, next year, and the following year because of how much they cost! The first was new exercise equipment for the "new" house. One of those combo pull up bars/tricep dip bars/ab crunch things. The second was a brand spankin' new 10" sliding compound miter saw with laser. And the third another brand spankin' new saw - a 7" circular saw. Guess I'll just have to take the pictures of them next year and the following year to remind him he already received his gifts!

On his actual birthday, we used a gift certificate that our realtor gave us and went to a real yummy restaurant in downtown. The food was pretty good and it was even better when they actually gave us the difference that we didn't use on the gift certificate back in cash! Woohoo...a completely free meal...tip included!

This past weekend we had a birthday BBQ of ribs, coleslaw, corn on the cob, tomatoes, fresh baked zucchini bread (I had enough zucchini to make the equivalent of 8 loaves!), and baked beans. Well, we were supposed to have baked beans but I forgot to put them out until AFTER everyone had already ate. For dessert we had a repeat of last year: Buster Bar Dessert. It got pretty good reviews from everyone so I'll post the recipe soon.

Hubby originally requested a Baked Alaska but changed his mind. Guess I'll have to try my hand at one of those another time.

Happy birthday, my love! Hope you have a fabulous year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.