Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy 90th Gram!

Today is my hubby's grandma's 90th birthday! She is such an amazing lady and I'm so blessed that I have the chance to call her Grandma too.

She is unlike any other 90 year old I've ever met. She still lives on her own in the same house that she raised hubby's dad and his older sister (who unfortunately died in her 50s of cancer). She delivers the Meals on Wheels, they don't come to her. She's also the same lady who went parasailing for the 7th time this past summer at the age of 89. For Christmas, we all gave her a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride once the weather gets warmer. And, if she has her way, she'll get to experience skydyving before the Lord calls her home as well.

In addition to her spirit of adventure, she makes the best eclairs you'll ever taste and hosts a wonderful Christmas Eve dinner every year. She's such a wonderful lady and I hope she'll at least stick around until we can celebrate her 100th!

Here's to you, Gram. Hope I have at least a quarter of your spunk and spirit of adventure when I'm your age! Can't wait to celebrate with you this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.