Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Preparation - Appetizers

Alright, so far it seems as if I'm doing this Thanksgiving Prep by myself, but that's okay. I needed to plan it out somewhere, so why not here, right? Here are some of my favorite appetizer recipes. The first two I've made before. The last one is my version of one I had at a wedding this past October. It was delicious. I think I'm going to try and see if I can replicate it this year.

SPINACH DIP

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. mayo
1 c. chopped water chestnuts
½ c. chopped onion
1 pkg. Knorr Swiss soup
1 pkg. chopped frozen spinach, thawed and drained
1 round loaf Hawaiian bread

Mix all ingredients together except bread. Dig out center of bread and put dip in center. Serve with dug out bread cubes.

SWEET AND NUTTY BRIE
Serves 6-8

2 t. brown sugar
2 T. coarsely chopped pecans or almonds
1-1/2 t. brandy
1 whole Brie cheese (8 oz.)
crackers
apple/pear slices

Stir together brown sugar, nuts and brandy. Place cheese in a baking dish just slightly larger than the width of the cheese. Bake in a 425 oven just until cheese begins to soften in the center, about 6 minutes. Evenly sprinkle sugar mixture over cheese. Bake until sugar melts and cheese is melted in center (cut to test); about 3 to 5 minutes longer. Serve with fruit and crackers.

ALMOND-STUFFED, BACON-WRAPPED FIGS

dried figs
bacon slices
toasted almonds

Heat toaster oven to Broil. Stuff each fig with a toasted almond. Wrap each fig in a strip of bacon, trimming the bacon as necessary, and secure with a toothpick. Bake for about 8-10 minutes until the bacon is crisp and the figs are tender. Serve immediately.

In case any one has any appetizer recipes they want to share, leave a link to your post in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. You are great! Thank you SO much for the prize...what a treat! I had some of the Cherry tea tonight and it was DELICIOUS! Thank you thank you thank you...and, I just tasted an amazing appetizer/chex mix type thing yesterday!
    Just use the following link to get there!
    http://ourlifeingj.blogspot.com/2008/11/cran-oat-crunch.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.