Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And it begins...

Today I started Medifast. My good friend Melissa has gone through the program and says it helps her maintain a healthy weight. Not that she was ever overweight to begin with! I'm using it to help me drop the 10 lbs. I've put on since our wedding before we go on our "honeymoon" and also to help me kick my huge sugar addicition - after all sugar isn't good for someone who's borderline hypoglycemic!

I'm not going to turn this blog into a "diet" journal, but I will comment occasionally on my progress. Plus, I'm going to post scary numbers like weight to keep myself motivated!

So, as of today, I weigh 151 lbs (with wet hair). My goal weight is 140 lbs or a size 4 which is 2 lbs less than I was when we got married and the size I was when we got married. The hardest part of the program will probably be the exercise. They don't require a lot, but I just have a hard time fitting it in even though I love working out and feel so much better after I do.

I had the oatmeal for breakfast. It was really gummy so maybe I made it wrong. If not, I'll have to turn it into the muffins they have a recipe for and hope that tastes better. Right now I'm enjoying a delicious peanut butter bar. Plus, I'm almost half way through the water I'm supposed to have for the day.

I know this post isn't really exciting, but it's one way I'm going to hold myself accountable. Hopefully I'll be able to post a weight loss next week.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with everything! You CAN do this!

    140 lbs is right where I am at (we're the same height, right?!), but I am definitely not a size 4!

    There are now bars that you can order that you can have 5 times a day. I can't wait to order those!

    Good luck again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.