Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Philly with my Brother

My hardworking brother came out for a visit the end of August so he could recoup from his 80 hour work weeks as a Colorado State Park Ranger and Starbucks drink maker extraordinare for most of the summer. He took the redeye flight out from Denver to Philly and we took some time to explore Liberty Hall and the Liberty Bell, plus sample a Philly Cheesesteak (all before 11am)before heading to Ocean City to join hubby and the rest of his family for our annual week at the beach.

Isn't my brother such a cutie? Sorry ladies, but he's taken. He's starting his 4th year of college this year at Colorado State University (he transferred back there because he wants to be just like his big sister...at least that's what I tell myself!) studying engineering and has this year and one more to go. I'm so proud of him. I don't get to see him that often, so it was great to have him around for a week.


Brock in front of Liberty Hall where the Declaration of Independence was signed.


Standing in the room where the Declaration was signed. That big chair in the middle was the one that George Washington actually sat in.


Stopping by the Liberty Bell. Brock looks much better than I do. It was a early morning drive for me from the beach and the humidy of the morning did not help the hair!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Those are all places that I would love to see someday!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.