Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ocean City Vacation

Every year my husband's family takes a weeklong getaway to Ocean City. We rent a house and just enjoy hanging out at the beach, catching up on our reading, mini-golfing, and eating lots of yummy food. This year we also spent a lot of time watching Michael Phelps win all his gold medals...how exciting! The past few years it's just been hubby, me, his parents and his grandma, so it was great to have hubby's cousin and his wife join us the first couple days we were down there and then my brother join us for the rest of the week.

This year we also got a little more adventurous and did some parasailing and jet-skiing. I really don't like heights, so it didn't surprise me at all that I HATED parasailing. I was so scared the entire time I was up there that I wasn't able to relax and enjoy the beautiful sights. As you can see in the photos, my legs and all that are at a funny angle and basically I didn't move from that position the entire time. It didn't help of course how this was hubby's 89-year-old grandma's 8th parasailing trip, but hey, at least I can say I did it and I know I never want to do it again! I made sure to tell hubs that I never want to be surprised with a hot air balloon ride unless it's teethered only 30 feet above the ground! It's crazy how ziplining in Vancouver didn't bother me, but parasailing did.

A couple days later, it was my turn for an activity that I enjoy...jet-skiing. While we were getting ready to go, my hubby kept saying how it's not going to be that fun because it's in the bay and there's no huge waves to jump over, etc. I told him to just wait and see and aside from having to wear lifejackets that stunk to high heaven like raw fish and body odor, we had a GREAT time! I think we'll definitely have to be investing in a jetski in the future.

The week always goes so fast, but we sure enjoy our annual summer respite.

My stud of a brother lounging on the beach.

Our early morning boat ride to go parasailing. Don't you just love the windblown look?

Brock and hubby's grandma getting ready to go up!

That's me up there on the right...proof that I actually did it!

Coming in for a landing...finally!!! And, another sad photo that I had to chop hubby's head out of :(

Chowing down at one of the few decent restaurants on the island. Again, had to chop hubby out of the left of the photo sadly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.