Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A Bad Day

Yesterday has to go down as one of the worst days I've had in awhile. Nothing horrible happened like somebody dying or getting really sick or anything, just a lot of disappointments and stress.

First off, I tried calling my dr. to switch my appointment because we're going to be out of town working on the house. It's important that I see the same dr. every month and on the month for this medication I'm on, and I was told that the earliest appt she'd have available is more than a month after my original appt. This obviously is not going to work, and we already have our plane tickets booked to go work on the house, so my only hope is that somebody cancels the week of my current appt. A week sooner won't work because I won't be finished with the treatment plan, and a week later is too late because I have to have lab work and a pregnancy test done on the month. So, please be praying that somebody cancels an appt. between Augsut 25 & 27th!

I call my hubby to tell him this news and ask him to pray, only to find out that he had more "great" news to tell me. Next week we are all slated to go on vacation. By "we" I mean hubby, myself, his parents, his grandma, and a few other relatives (his sister, his cousin & his wife, and my brother) thrown in for a few days here and there. For the past 15 years or so, the family has been going to Ocean City, NJ and renting a house. About 4 years ago we realized that if you wait to book your house until the week before you go, you get much nicer houses for a cheaper price. The last three years, this worked like a charm. Two weeks ago when we checked houses there were plenty of options available, but their prices hadn't dropped yet. Well, when hubby went to book the house yesterday they were all gone. At least the ones that would work for his 89 year old grandma. We were all majorly bummed. We're trying everything we can to find one that may work, so please be praying that there will be a last minute cancellation in a house that is close enough to the shore, and on the first floor for his grandma's sake, so that we'll be able to continue the family tradition. We didn't get to go last year because of our wedding, so this year it means ever more to be able to go.

To top it all off, I got to spend my day yesterday trying to figure out how to get our company webpage to consistently be at the top of a google search for a wide variety of word searches. I do not enjoy trying to learn/read HTML code at all, so I had a huge headache the whole day.

Hubs had more stressful news when I got home and we were both ready to pack it in. Thankfully, we got a small reprive by dinner out at our favorite little Mexican joint with friends.

Before we went to bed, we reminded ourselves of the prayer that our pastor preached on this past Sunday. It's found in Proverbs 30:8-9, "...give me neither poverty nor riches, but give me only my daily bread. Otherwise, I may have too much and disown you and say, 'Who is the LORD ?' Or I may become poor and steal, and so dishonor the name of my God."

No matter how difficult of a day it was, it was not too difficult for our Lord to handle. He provided us with food to eat, clothes to wear, and a shelter over our heads. We took the time to list the blessings He has so richly bestowed on us and reminded ourselves that He does provide our daily bread.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting that verse. I think it could benefit us all to read that daily!!! Hope things for out for your vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.