Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, July 7, 2008

Happy 4th of July

Alright, so I'm a little late, but I hope you all had a great holiday weekend.

We started ours off with a bang on Thursday night. Hubby and I went to a party right along the river and saw the best fireworks ever! There were tons of new types we've never seen, and trust me, we've seen a LOT of fireworks!

Friday we stayed home and had a BBQ with hubby's parents and grandma. I had checked out some books from the library on grilling and used a hamburger recipe and corn on the cob recipe from them. The corn was amazing! I'll try to post the recipes later this week because I think they'll be our go-to recipes for corn and burgers. I also made baked beans and my mom's 5-minute blueberry pie. Both yummy! My wonderful mother-in-law contributed a delicious potato salad. What did you guys have for 4th of July?

Saturday the four of us were up bright and early to go deliver two trailer loads of hay an hour north. They were using our hay bales to mark the lanes for a soapbox derby and then we were supposed to pick it all up when they were finished. We got to load the trailers in the rain, lost a couple bales on the road on the way there, caused the race to be delayed 20 minutes, and began to settle in to watch the derby when about 2/3 of the way through the heavens broke and the rain poured. Now all of our hay bales that we were going to be able to resell are soaked and looking like they'll be used for cow feed instead. Oh well, at least we got to sell them once.

Sunday hubby and I worked on getting the craft room put together more. It still doesn't look all put together, but at least I have a workspace now and can start crafting again. WOOHOO! Now I'll have to start posting pictures of the things I make. I have about 4 boxes worth of projects that I'm seriously behind on.

I also started and finished a 400+ page book (I'll do a review on it sometime this week) and watched the Yankees vs. Red Sox games.

It was a wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.