Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The Lord Provides

Hubby and I have been praying that the Lord would bless hubby's hard work and effort at trying to grow his firm and gain new clients. It's frustrating to see the money going out the door in a flood of advertising bucks, but only trickling back in slowly through small clients. I guess it does take people awhile to trust someone enough to hand them all their money to manage, even if they are well outperforming the market in every single one of the portfolios they manage.

This past week, I spoke with my boss and asked him if it'd be possible for me to change from working 9 to 5 Monday through Friday to working 8 to 5 Monday through Thursday. The reasoning behind this was so I could save on gas and have some extra time to work for my hubs and help him with his business. So, starting July 7th, I now only work 4 days a week!

While this was an answer to prayer in itself, the Lord is also answering our prayers in a different way.

Last night when I got home, hubby was on the phone talking with one of his current clients who is looking for someone to take over his bookkeeping. Well, I do the QuickBooks for hubby's business, the current company where I work, and one of hubs other clients already, so this would be a no brainer job for me that I can do from home. Plus, he'd pay about $500 a month (for only a couple of hours work a week) which more than makes up for the little bit I'm losing by cutting down to 4 days a week.

So, while we were (and still are) praying for the Lord to bless my hubby's business, He has provided a way for us to meet our financial needs in the meantime as well.

Last night hubby asked if I make enough money bookkeeping if he can retire. I told him, yeah, right! I want to be able to be a stay-at-home mom and wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.