Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, May 1, 2008

National Day of Prayer

Today is the National Day of Prayer.

The song by Casting Crowns called "What If His People Prayed" popped into my head and I thought it was a good reminder of the impact that believers can make in our world, if we just take the time to pray.

If you want to hear the song, scroll to the bottom of my blog and click on it in my playlist.

Another thing I was reminded of was the verse that tells us to "love our enemies and pray for those who persecute us" (my memory is failing to recall the reference right now). In a life (especially when one's life is a life of politics), it's very easy to criticize those who attack us or have different views from us; what they're really needing is not our criticism, but our prayers that their hearts would be changed and their eyes opened to the grace of God. If we don't show them love even when they're unlovable, who will? After all, isn't that what Christ did for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.