Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Alright, so I'm a little behind, but what do you expect when one is busy doing this all weekend?

Afterall, it is as they say, you gotta make hay while the sun shines. Oh, and by the way, before you go thinking that's me on the tractor, let me just say no it's not. My job is to drive the truck and trailer while hubby and his parents pick up the bales. How'd I get the best job out of the deal? It's easy...it's called allergies! You see, there is something that comes out in the fields at night (a bug or pollen or something) that makes me incredibly itchy and I spend all my time scratching instead of picking up bales which isn't too productive, so I've been assigned driving duties.

This is how we spent a lot of our Memorial Day weekend. Between this and the diet & exercise regime that hubby and I are on, we didn't have any time for a bbq so our weekend wasn't too relaxful. Any extra time I may have had was spent preparing all our food for this week (that's one downside to the workout regime is that the food prep takes FOREVER) and still trying to put together my craft room and pack things away before my parents come to town in a week.

I did want to pause, though, and share one of my favorite patriotic songs and give a shoutout to those members of my family who have served to preserve our freedom.

Artist: Lee Greenwood Title: Proud To Be An American

If tomorrow all the things were gone,
I’d worked for all my life.
And I had to start again,
with just my children and my wife.

I’d thank my lucky stars,
to be livin here today.
‘Cause the flag still stands for freedom,
and they can’t take that away.

And I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

From the lakes of Minnesota,
to the hills of Tennessee.
Across the plains of Texas,
From sea to shining sea.

From Detroit down to Houston,
and New York to L.A.
Well there's pride in every American heart,
and its time we stand and say.

That I’m proud to be an American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
'Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

And I’m proud to be and American,
where at least I know I’m free.
And I wont forget the men who died,
who gave that right to me.

And I gladly stand up,
next to you and defend her still today.
‘Cause there ain’t no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA.

Thank you to following:
1. My father-in-law for his past service in the Army
2. My brother-in-law, Bennett Eggar, for his current service in the Air Force
3. My uncle, Scott Vriesman, for his current service in the Coast Guard (he was involved with the real perfect storm and got to meet George Clooney when the movie came out and had a full page picture in People magazine and couldn't have cared less!)
4. My husband's great uncle for his service in the Army at Omaha Beach on D-day. He was one of the few to make it home. His story is incredible and I may tell it here someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.