Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Thursday, May 29, 2008

From My Bookshelf

While I was in Vancouver I read two more books that I thought I'd post a review on here.

This was by the same lady who wrote "The Immortal" that I did a review on earlier. It is about three women who become trapped in an elevator during a hurricane in the Tampa Bay area. They are all somehow connected to the same man...one is his wife, one is the woman he's having an affair with (she thinks she's dating a widower), and the other is the cleaning lady for his office. They call an elevator repairman who risks his life to come out and rescue them. While reading it, I forgot that it was by a Christian author and thus was just reading it for the story. However, at the end I noticed the study questions again and realized how it really is a picture of Christ coming in the midst of terrible storms in our lives and bringing us salvation. We need to be willing to reach out take his hand, and make the leap. If we don't we won't be saved. I highly recommend this book and will be looking for another Angela Hunt book to read in the future.

The other book I read was one that I found on the new release stand in the library and the cover caught my attention. It's sort of a spoof on the realty tv shows like The Bachelor/Bachelorette and Desperate Housewives. It's an easy read and just a fun book. No deep thoughts here really. There might be a few bad words, but I don't really recall any. I'd recommend it as a good beach read or just a light hearted read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.