Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Hubby and I celebrated our 6 month anniversary yesterday. It's hard to believe that it's already been that long...we've had such a great time and are thoroughly enjoying married life. We decided to go to church on Saturday night so that Sunday we could sleep in and recoop even more from the early morning we had on Saturday driving home from LaGuardia. I snuck out early, though, to head to my favorite grocery store to pick up a few items to make him a delicious breakfast.

We had homemade cherry-cheese danishes, scrambled eggs, bacon, and fresh pineapple (thanks to my $1.99/pineapple find at the veggie store on Saturday). Not the most healthy breakfast, but we had planned on just eating that and a healthy dinner mid-afternoon, so I didn't feel quite so bad. I found the recipe for the danishes here, but modified it by cutting the amount of sugar to 1/3 cup in each place it called for it and using reduced fat cream cheese and crescent rolls. The whole meal was delicious!


For dinner we had home "grown" t-bone steaks (got to love being married to a rancher...you never have to buy beef!), roasted veggies (zucchini, onions, mushrooms, sweet red, yellow, and orange peppers) with olive oil and basil and oregano, baked potatoes with sea salt (Mom, yours were better), and my mandarin orange salad. For dessert I was going to make an angel food cake with raspberries, strawberries, blackberries and almonds, but our company brought a chocolate banana creme pie, so we enjoyed that instead...yum! Thankfully the rest of the meal was pretty low-cal and low-fat, so the pie didn't do our diets in too much.

This morning as I was heating up some leftover danishes for hubby, I spilled the beans that the original version of them is 395 calories each! I'm sure the version I made aren't much less than 350 and that my friends is why they are a once or twice a year occurence! I must admit, though, that I had to resist the urge to pack a leftover danish for my mid-morning snack at work and instead feel much better knowing I brought healthy food to work, and I get to begin week 2 of my 24 week fitness challenge today...woohoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.