Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, August 13, 2010

Not Much To Say

Not much to post about lately, but here are some random updates:

* Yesterday was the 25 week mark (how did it get here so fast?), but no picture because hubby was gone and today...let's just say not my best hair day.

* I scored some awesome things for the nursery at the Christmas Tree Shop the other day. Can't wait until the decorating starts in full force!

* I must stop dropping things on the floor accidentally - it's getting harder and harder to get down there to pick them up.

* All of our water is ORANGE. Yuck! One of the many downsides to having to rely on well water for your cooking/cleaning/laundry/drinking/etc needs. We thought it was due to the well possibly drying up due to the extreme drought we're having this summer, but we think it's actually something wrong with the filter that adds the salt. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon because I'm anxious to wash all the baby clothes and fabric for the nursery and I'm tired of my toilet bowl being orange each morning and my water tasting funny.

* We're making big progress on the new homestead. It's hard to believe what a difference clearing out some scrub makes. We must have reclaimed at least 3-4 acres in total around all the fields.

* Sunday I'm finally getting my first (and most likely only) trip to the beach in for the summer. We're going with some friends from church and I can't wait. Now if I can just decide if I want to grin and bear it (literally) and wear a bikini (too cheap to buy a maternity suit for one day) or just go in shorts and a tank top.

* I've been a bad wife and still haven't made hubby's birthday cake and his birthday was on the 3rd. But, tonight is the night and tomorrow we'll be able to enjoy it (the downside to ice cream cakes...having to wait a day to consume them)

* I'm really craving Cheesecake Factory for dinner, but don't think I'll be able to convince hubby to venture out on a Friday night...even if we do have over $50 in gift cards to there (can I get an "Amen" for free gift cards from Staples through work?!)

That's what's going on in this neck of the woods. Haven't cooked much lately so no new recipes to share. Haven't crafted much lately either. Hopefully both of these will change in the not too distant future.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.