Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Friday, June 11, 2010

Relief for my Achin' Back

I promise this blog won't become all about my pregnancy, but in case I have any readers out there who may be pregnant too (it seems like everybody I know is due sometime this fall) I wanted to post my new favorite workout DVD.

I've been fortunate enough that I haven't had to purchase any pregnancy books or DVDs because our libary has a wide variety and I seem to be the only one interested in checking them out because I'm able to renew them time after time after time.

I tried a couple different DVDs and wasn't too crazy about them. One was by Erin O'Brien (who's married to the guy who plays Mike on Desperate Housewives).
Erin O'Brien's Prenatal Fitness Fix

I think the best part of this DVD was watching how "excited" James Denton was to be participating in the exercises with her.

Next I tried a DVD by Leisa Hart.

Leisa Hart's FitMama - Prenatal Workout

The only sort of enjoyable part of this DVD was the dancing, but I still didn't like it that much.

Then the nausea struck and all workouts were on hold for about 2 months. When I was at the library this past week I picked up another DVD and this one is definitely the winner:

Lindsay Brin's Pregnancy DVD: Yoga, Cardio & Toning 2nd Trimester

I wish I had picked up her first trimester DVD to try, but I'll definitely keep checking this one out for the remainder of my 2nd trimester and then move on to the DVD for the 3rd. What I like about this DVD is that it has two different workouts: approx. 40 minutes worth of cardio, strength training, core exercises and stretching and 20 minutes worth of prenatal yoga.

Monday I did the cardio workout and loved it. I finally felt like I was still working my muscles (in a safe way for baby) even though I was pregnant (something really lacking in the first two DVDs). I ran out of time to do the abs so I'm looking forward to trying those tomorrow. Tuesday - Thursday were crazy and my back was KILLIN' me (don't know if it was due to working out again for the 1st time in 2 months or the pregnancy) so I didn't get a chance to do the yoga until this morning, but it was wonderful. My back is doing much better and she gave some great tips for how to lessen back pain during the day. This DVD will be my faithful companion for the next couple months. Now if I could solve the problem of not gaining weight and having no appetite we'll be doing great....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.