Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Spring Mantlescape

Spring has finally sprung here in the Northeast and I couldn't be happier!

This past weekend was gorgeous and I took full advantage of the opportunity to spend time outside collecting loose moss, moss-covered rocks, leafing branches and brown "pokey balls" as I like to call them (if anyone knows what they really are, please let me know).

Back at the house I arranged them with some other things I already had to bring a touch of spring to the mantle.

My sister sent me this white cabinet for Christmas and I LOVE it!

This cute little bunny and the wire dress form I picked up a year or two ago at the Christmas Tree Shops. No money in the budget this year for decor items, so it was fun shopping the house and the abundant natural decorating supplies God so richly blessed us with outside. Hopefully the moss will stay fresh for awhile, if not, there's plenty more where it came from!

Happy Spring!

I'm linking this up to Kimba's DIY day. Hop over here to check out more projects.

5 comments:

  1. Very Spring-y! Love all the natural elements you brought in and I just love your bunny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pokey balls are from the Sweet Gum Tree. Many people mistakenly think they are from Sycamores, but they are not. Lovely mantelscape!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely. I like the little bunny in the last shot. You did a great job! Found you through a Soft Place to Land's Linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time to your blog via Kimba's Soft Place to Land. I love what you did with the moss covered rocks and other natural elements. Beautiful!

    Deborah
    http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2010/04/03/flowerplace/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.