Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Don't Forget the Sour Cream!

This past Sunday our pastor and his wife had us over for dinner. She cooked a delicious meal of steak with carmelized onions and a gruyere' cheese sauce, salad with walnuts, craisins and prosciutto, and olive bread. It was so tasty!

Their children are so sweet and we loved having the opportunity to get to know our pastor and his wife on a deeper level. We're also really looking forward to the new invitation to be on the leadership team. It's a great group of people and we can't wait for more time fellowshiping and serving together.

Our contribution to the dinner was dessert. I was told they loved chocolate and that fruit was a bonus. Not having a ton of free time, I recalled a box mix cake recipe I made a couple years ago that was super moist and was served with berries. Perfect!

The cake tasted really good, but it was a little drier than I had remembered. When hubby and I were talking about this in the car on the way home, he asked me what was in it and I started listing off the ingredients only to realize I had completely forgotten to add the sour cream! That totally explains why it wasn't as moist as I remembered. So, if you decide to make this cake, please make sure to add the sour cream.


TRIPLE CHOCOLATE BLISS CAKE
(recipe courtesy of Kraft Foods)

CAKE:
1 box chocolate cake mix (not the kind with pudding in the mix)
1 box (4 serving size) chocolate instant pudding
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup water
8 oz. sour cream

TOPPING:
3 cups cool whip, thawed (I just used one 8 oz. tub...not quite three cups, but plenty)
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
Assorted berries

Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a Bundt pan. Mix all the ingredients for the cake together (don't forget the sour cream!) on low until moistened, about 30 sec. Mix on medium speed for two minutes. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10-15 minutes and then invert on to rack to finish cooling.

In microwave safe bowl, combine cool whip and chocolate chips. Microwave on high about 1 minute and then stir together until chocolate is melted. Pour over cake (I didn't use the full amount that it made). Garnish with berries and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.