Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Sunday, February 22, 2009

Homemade Guacamole & Smoked Salmon Appetizer


Every time I make my guacamole it's slightly different. Here's what I normally try to do:

GUACAMOLE

2-3 gloves crushed garlic (through a garlic press)
1/2 small red onion, chopped
2 plum tomatoes, chopped
3 haas avocados, cubed
juice of 1 lime
salt, to taste

Mix all the above ingredients together in a bowl, mashing the avocados, until it reaches your desired consistency. Serve with chips.
NOTE: Guacamole is normally not lime green like above photo shows. Again, the camera. Hopefully it takes decent pictures for us in the Cooks! Guess we'll find out when I go to download them in a few days.

I also like these little appetizer bites:

SMOKED SALMON WITH CHEESE & CRACKERS

Smoked nova salmon
cream cheese
Ritz crackers
fresh dill

Spread cream cheese on cracker. Place thin slice of smoked salmon on top of cheese. Top with a bit of fresh dill.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.