Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake


Today we celebrated two birthdays at work so I made a cake that was a little extra special. I'm loving how I went with Bundt cakes this year because it gives me more time to be creative in the decorating department. Although, I'm still cheating and using boxed cake mix and frosting just for conviencence sake.

Ingredients:
1 box strawberry cake mix (and items to bake cake according to box)
1 can cream cheese frosting
red food coloring
strawberries
semi-sweet chocolate chips

Bake cake according to box directions. Allow to cool. Heat 2/3 can of cream cheese frosting in microwave until it will easily pour to cover the cake. Pour all but about 1/4 cup over cake. To 1/4 cup of frosting, add red food coloring until it's the desired color. Stir and drizzle on top of other frosting. Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips in microwave safe bowl on high 1 minute. Remove and stir and heat again at 15 second intervals if necessary. Dip strawberries in chocolate. Allow to cool. Once strawberries are cool, place them in the middle and around the sides of your cake. Enjoy!

This was a big hit with all the guys at work today and would be a perfect cake for Valentine's Day too (I had it in my head since then, but was a little hard to make in the Cook Islands!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.