Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Mexican Food for my Colorado Soul

Being a Colorado girl, it almost goes without saying that I LOVE Mexican food. To be more specific, I love TEX-MEX.

It's been very hard for me to find a good Mexican joint where I live. It sounds silly, but I love the chain restaurants like On the Border. You'd think those are everywhere, right? Well, the closest one to us is about 45 minutes away. There are a few other "mom & pop" type joints close by, but I wasn't too crazy about them.

My husband teases me because I say they aren't "authentic". Afterall, have you ever had broccoli or carrots in your burrito at On the Border?

Well, a few months ago we found a new "mom & pop" restaurant right near us and they have AMAZING food! Plus, I've gotten to eat at On the Border twice in the past month while we were at our new house. There is hope for this Colorado girl's taste buds!

1 comment:

  1. I have to say I'm such an "On The Border" girl. So I can so realate to this post! Not sure what I'd do without my Tex-Mex food fix. Glad you found something good close to you! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.