Esther 4:14b

"...and who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this."


Monday, August 18, 2008

My 100th Post (a couple posts late)

It's hard to believe I've already posted on this thing 100 times. I saw on some other blogs that when people hit this milestone they wrote a list of 100 things that people might not know about them. I thought that was a great idea, so here goes in random order:

1. I type really fast and prefer to type rather than write.

2. I love playing around with digital designing and want to take a class someday.

3. I went to 2 colleges and had tried 3 different majors and two different minors.

4. I was accepted to the Univ. of Michigan's MSW (master in social work) program for medical social work, but met my husband and grad school got put on hold indefinitely.

5. I want to go to grad school someday, but now I don't know what I want to go for.

6. My mom always told me I'd make an excellent First Lady and I ended up marrying a politician.

7. I really, really dislike cleaning even though I love having a clean house.

8. I watch way more tv than I should.

9. I wear a smaller clothing size now than I did when I was a freshman in high school.

10. I lost all the weight by eating 5 small balanced meals a day.

11. I prefer mountains and streams to a beach and sand any day.

12. I love to travel and am trying to get to all 50 states eventually.

13. My husband and I dated for almost 5 years before we got married.

14. We were engaged for 1.5 years.

15. We both knew in the first few months that we were going to marry each other. Who knows why it took so long.

16. I've been a Christian since I was 5 years old.

17. My favorite job during college was working as an overnight camp counselor for two summers here.

18. I'm the oldest of three kids.

19. I used to make my siblings call me "drill Sargent" when I babysat them...they won't let me forget it to this day!

20. I am a dog person; no cats for me.

21. I was a die hard Chicago Bulls fan in the early 90's.

22. BJ Armstrong was my favorite player.

23. Now I can't stand watching NBA basketball.

24. I played the flute from 4th grade until 10th grade and the alto sax in 9th & 10th.

25. I was first chair in both.

26. I loved playing sports in high school and made the college volleyball team, but decided not to play.

27. I went to the same school from 2nd grade until I graduated high school and loved every minute of it.

28. I want to own horses someday...a paint named Cherokee and a buckskin.

29. I've only been thrown off a horse once.

30. I'm half dutch, and part English, German & American Cherokee.

31. I missed getting a scholarship for my Native American heritage by 1/16.

32. I was born in Michigan, but moved to Colorado when I was one and a half, so I consider myself a Colorado native with a Michigan accent.

33. I prefer the Great Lakes over the ocean.

34. I strongly considered going to the Air Force Academy.

35. I've never broken a bone.

36. I've never worn braces.

37. My hair is naturally curly ever since I got a spiral perm in 9th grade.

38. I was the salutatorian of my high school class.

39. I missed being valedictorian by 1/100th of a GPA point.

40. I graduated college Summa Cum Laude.

41. I started off college studying to be a pediatric oncologist.

42. I ran into Organic Chemistry and quit.

43. To this day I wonder if I would have made it through medical school.

44. I played basketball from 4th grade until 11th grade.

45. I regret not playing my senior year.

46. I love to read.

47. I love country music.

48. Running is not for me.

49. I am very shy.

50. People often think I'm stuck-up when they first meet me because of how shy I am.

51. I don't like talking on the phone at all.

52. I wear contacts.

53. I enjoy baking more than cooking.

54. I live with my in-laws until we can move in to our own place.

55. My husband and I aren't going on our honeymoon until February of 2009 (over a year after we got married.)

56. I loved every minute of planning our wedding.

57. I would love to plan weddings for a living.

58. My favorite dessert is cheesecake.

59. My favorite food is Mexican food, especially enchiladas.

60. Christmas is my favorite holiday.

61. I have 3 grandmas, 2 grandpas and 1 great grandma who are still living.

62. My dad's mom died when I was 8 years old. I was given her "mother's" ring. It took me almost 20 years to find the ring beautiful and want to wear it.

63. I have had chronic hives since 2nd grade. You can scratch your name in my skin and it will puff up and stay there for about 5 minutes.

64. I prefer going to the doctor over the dentist.

65. One of my favorite movies is Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken.

66. I prefer sleeping on the right side of the bed.

67. I really enjoy spending time with my family.

68. I've been to London on a mission trip.

69. I've also been to Juarez, Mexico on mission trip.

70. I took two years of Spanish in high school and couldn't even remember what "como estas" meant when I was in Costa Rica. Talk about embarrassing.

71. I'm beginning to wish I had done this on my 50th post so I didn't have to come up with so many tidbits.

72. I love taking pictures.

73. I really don't like heights.

74. I have an unnatural dislike of bird poop.

75. I get teased about this all the time now that I live on a farm.

76. I'm not allergic to anything.

77. One of my favorite books in the Bible is Romans.

78. I would love to go to Turkey one day and follow one of Paul's missionary journeys.

79. I'm proud to be a CSU Ram (alumni).

80. I had 9 roommates in college. I was in a 4-man room my freshman year, roomed with two different friends sophomore year, and lived in a house with 4 other girls my junior and senior years.

81. I want to have kids someday in the not too distant future.

82. I love being an aunt.

83. I really enjoy watching sports.

84. I love decorating in the rich, warm colors of Tuscany.

85. I really want to go to Italy someday.

86. I've never owned a game system (i.e Nintendo) and don't think I'll buy one for my kids.

87. Our house was robbed when I was about 12 (we scared them away as we came home) and from then on I'm scared of being home by myself in the dark.

88. I enjoy crunching numbers.

89. I love when things are organized.

90. I don't have a window in my office, but would love to be able to look outside.

91. At least I have an office that has a door instead of a cubicle.

92. I blame the internet for my newly developed short attention span.

93. I am heavily leaning towards homeschooling my children when the time comes.

94. I would like to try modeling.

95. I'm a perfectionist.

96. I keep from trying some things because I'm afraid of failure.

97. This is one of the things I like the least about myself.

98. I'm glad I only have two more things to go.

99. I enjoy sketching floor plans and picking out different furnishings for houses.

100. I'm most thankful for my salvation in Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Fun list! I've never been able to come up with 100 interesting things to make a list of! I learned some new things about you and read some I already knew - hope you are enjoying having a blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! I learned a lot about you, there! :) And I learned that we have a lot in common...you'll have to wait until I do my 100 blog list to find out what they are.... Although, I have many more blogs to post still.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

I love being able to interact with my readers, so please leave some way for me to contact you to respond if you're interested.